No matter how little writing you will do in the course of your actual job, hiring managers often look to the quality of your cover letter to gauge your fit for the position. Resources such as our HVAC and refrigeration cover letter example can help you arrange your thoughts and understand what information to include. Plus, our do’s and don’ts provide some tips for effective writing.
- Do show enthusiasm for the position. While you do not want to seem over-the-top, managers want to see your interest.
- Don’t include your expectations for the position. This is not the place to discuss your desire for a better salary, a promotion, or more experience. Instead, think of what you have to offer the company that hires you.
- Do include specific achievements in your professional past. If you have the numbers to illustrate how much you saved your company or by what percentage you increased customer satisfaction, be sure to include those.
- Don’t mention your weak points. Instead, focus on your strengths.
- Do tailor your letter to the specific employer and job listing. Doing so can make your letter stronger by zeroing in on qualities the employer values.
HVAC And Refrigeration Advice
To get hired as an HVAC & Refrigeration pro, you’ll need the right experience, the proper certifications, and a smart cover letter. We’ve developed the cover letter examples below specifically for HVAC & Refrigeration job candidates. These cover letter examples feature specialized content that you can use as a guide to create your own job-winning cover letter. Start today and get the job you want, faster!
Cover Letter Tips for HVAC And Refrigeration
Finding jobs as a HVAC And Refrigeration takes organization, planning and a positive attitude to succeed. Read more to hone your job-seeking skill set and take the next step in your career.
1. Seek out professional associations in your industry. Valuable information for job opportunities and trends can be gained including best practices, professional development tools and current industry news.
2. Document your applications and submitted cover letters in a file folder on your computer or in a standard notebook. This will help keep a positive attitude in your job search and promote timely follow up activities.
3. Trade journals or other online periodicals can provide important leads as well as trending industry keywords that are important to include within the body of your cover letter.
4. Be active on social media sites to create the most reach in your business networking. Make sure your profiles are professional and showcase your talents for the greatest impact.
5. Know that networking is a two-way street. If you share pertinent information or job leads with others, they are more apt to think of you when they become aware of job opportunities.
HVAC And Refrigeration Job Seeking Tips
Highlighting your skill sets with focus and professionalism is crucial with your cover letter. To help you find jobs as a HVAC And Refrigeration, follow these cover letter tips:
1. Strongly consider using bulleted points on your cover letter for focus and maximum impact. This provides a quick, readable format to highlight your skills and get noticed.
2. If you have multiple degrees, list the last one you received first. List the education information in this order: name of the degree, college name, city/state, and major and minor program listings. If you are a mature job-seeker, it is okay to consider leaving out the date of graduation.
3. Use action verbs in your job listings instead of words or phrases like worked” or responsible for. ” Action verbs reflect your skills in a much more effective manner.
4. Don’t mix job titles with job functions. This can be off-putting and confusing to the reader. Maintaining a consistent format is very important for cover letter readability.
5. Know that placing the phrase References Available Upon Request” is an optional effort. This is generally understood. It can be used to take up space at the end of your cover letter if needed for visual appeal.
Highly skilled and safety conscious technician with technical acumen and experience managing and prioritizing large volumes of work orders for commercial and residential properties.
Dagmoor, Inc., Boise, Idaho - 5/2010 to Present
Serve as senior technician leading installation and maintenance of air conditioning, heating, ventilation, steam distribution, and refrigeration equipment in commercial facilities.
- Install compressors, evaporators, motors, ducts, and piping as well as mechanical/electrical controls; read and interpret blueprints/diagrams.
- Conduct preventive and corrective maintenance on bearings, pumps, polyphase motors, shaft alignments and fans; document all maintenance/repair actions and manage equipment records.
- Troubleshoot breakdowns and repair malfunctioning HVAC systems and components; utilize measuring and testing instruments.
- Delivered outstanding customer service as main point of contact for project inquiries; achieved 100% quality service rating in random client surveys.
- Routinely worked overtime, weekends, and holidays to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
HVAC/R Service Technician
Pettermann Corp., Boise, Idaho - 3/2006 to 5/2010
Installed, repaired, and maintained rooftop units, split systems, central plants, VAV boxes, boilers, controls, pneumatics, and other mechanical equipment.
- Tested, troubleshot, and repaired systems by identifying malfunctions and replacing parts and components. Read diagrams, specifications, drawings, blueprints, and schematics.
- Participated in numerous professional development activities to update knowledge and increase service/repair capabilities.
- Demonstrated exceptional time management skills; organized and prioritized high volume of work orders to ensure maximum quality and service to customers.
Ziscape, Inc., Twin Falls, Idaho - 11/2004 to 3/2006
Completed a variety of residential and light commercial projects, installing boilers, forced air equipment, gas piping, and ductwork.
- Assessed customer service needs; repaired and installed appropriate components. Traveled extensively throughout assigned region to provide prompt service to new and existing customers.
- Maintained professional customer relationships, communicating complex information to update customers on project status.
- Achieved high ratio of customer satisfaction and lowest rate of repeat service calls for initial installation.
Facilities Maintenance Assistant
Denellz, Inc., Twin Falls, Idaho - 2/2002 to 11/2004
Served as member of team maintaining and repairing HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems.
- Collaborated with licensed contractors on installation and repair services for complex building maintenance projects.
- Recognized for efficiency in troubleshooting, diagnosing, repairing, and performing preventative maintenance on building and facility HVAC systems.
Associate of Applied Science in Electromechanical Technology | Idaho State College, Boise, Idaho
Green HVAC/R Certified
HVAC Controls & Air Distribution
Refrigerant Disposal & Recycling
Air Conditioning and Refrigeration with Principles of Heating Applications
Troubleshooting Electrical Control Circuits
Boiler Operation, Maintenance & Safety
- Equipment Installation
- Blueprint Interpretation
- Outstanding Customer Service
- Troubleshooting & Diagnostics
- Electrical & Mechanical Repairs
- Project Management
- Preventive Maintenance
- Welding & Fabrication
- Safety & Compliance